Weight Loss and Far Infrared Sauna Therapy
- Sweating away those calories, slimming that waist line and helping with weight loss has never been easier than relaxing in an Infrared Sauna!
- Not only will you be increasing your metabolism but you will also be detoxifying your body of toxic chemicals and substances such as lead, zinc, sodium fluoride, Arsenic, cadmium, nickel and mercury that have been absorbed, inhaled or ingested into your body.
- While you are relaxing in an Infrared Sauna, the heat generated is being absorbed deep into the body.
- There is a substantial increase in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate while using an infrared sauna.
- Because our body expends energy to produce sweat (1g sweat requires 0.586 kcal), this means that your body can safely burn up to 300 to 500 calories in just one 30 minute session; with sweat loss equivalent to running 10-15km.
- As an added benefit, your basal metabolic rate rises meaning you will burn calories at an elevated rate for hours after your session has finished.
- This can translate to a benefit of up to 800 calories from a single session.
- With all that said, engaging in 30 minutes of exercise at least 3-5 times per week and eating a well-balanced diet is still part of a healthy lifestyle and should not be solely replaced by using a Far Infrared Sauna for weight loss.
Heart Health and Far Infrared Sauna Therapy
- Far infrared sauna therapy has been used successfully to support and treat cardiovascular diseases and has been studied in many leading medical journals.
- In a 2009 study from the Journal of Cardiology, researchers studied how far infrared sauna treatments could help patients with arrhythmias (irregular heartbeats).
- Over thirty patients who had been monitored with 24-hour Holter monitors were randomized into groups.
- Those who received two weeks of daily 15-minute treatments with far infrared sauna therapy, had a substantial decrease in abnormal heart rates over a monitored 24-hour period.
Skin Conditions and Far Infrared Sauna Therapy
- The largest organ of our body: SKIN. Think of it as a first-line of defense.
- Our skin comes first in contact with, cold, heat, chemicals.
- It absorbs first hand all that is exposed to through its pores.
- Adult human carries almost 8 lbs of skin; that is a heavy and large amount of organ that is fully and completely exposed to its environment.
- And let's face it…our environment is TOXIC.
- We can see it manifested in many skin diseases that are currently troubling majority of our population (i.e. eczema, psoriasis, rash, acne, etc.).
- Taking care of your skin should be #1 priority.
- Skin protects us, keeps us warm or cool, and assists our toxin-eliminating process.
- However, oftentimes we do not pay attention what we put on our skin, and so it suffers and makes us more sensitive to free radicals and decreases our ability to be immune to skin illnesses, and it may even decrease our ability to sweat.
- But can we reverse our negligence and turn it into an opportunity to heal and to learn about ourselves more than we have known until now? The answer is – ABSOLUTELY!
The Immune System and Far Infrared Sauna Therapy
- Far infrared sauna therapy (FIRT) works in many ways to help strengthen the immune system.
- The gentle heat from the far infrared sauna raises the internal body temperature which mimics the state of fever.
- This “fever" stimulates the body's immune system to produce white blood cells like neutrophils, lymphocytes, macrophages, eosinophils and basophils; our body's defensive army.
- This is a similar process that occurs when you take an antibiotic, but the infrared sauna boosts the immune system naturally without the dangers associated with antibiotic usage.
- At the same time, the far infrared sauna stimulates detoxification of the body, (see detoxification).
- Detoxification can be defined as "the process of reducing the build-up of various poisonous substances in the body".
- Because the far infrared sauna wavelength penetrates the entire surface of the body up to two inches, a thorough cleansing takes place.
- The far infrared heat opens the pores which then allows the toxins to be flushed out with perspiration.
- Every system in our body performs better when it is free of toxins including the digestive, endocrine, cardiovascular, lymphatic and immune systems.
- The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) estimates that over 80% of all illnesses have environmental and lifestyle associated causes.
Stress Relief and Far Infrared Sauna Therapy
- Stress Relief and Far Infrared Sauna Therapy Stress seems to be so ingrained in our culture today.
- It is everywhere we turn; cell phones, deadlines, emotions, traffic and overbearing bosses - the list goes on and on.
- Stress has been linked to a heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, lowered immune function, depression, obesity, sleep disorders, increased Alzheimer's and premature death, just to name a few.
- When we are stressed, our body/mind takes a defensive "fight-or-flight" position.
- This is a natural response of the Autonomic Nervous System designed to take us away from dangerous situations when we are roaring the savannah, like a big Lion!
- However, we are NOT designed to stay in this “fight-or-flight" for very long.
- Unfortunately, most of us live like this day-to-day! And when this happens, a road to a “danger zone" begins…
Injuries and Far Infrared Sauna Therapy
- Far Infrared Saunas have gained tremendous respect and renown among weekend cyclists, marathoners, weekend warriors and professional athletes alike.
- Far infrared sauna therapy has the unique ability to speed up and improve the healing process of many injuries, including joint and muscle pain, back pain, scarring, colds and flus as well as a host of other conditions.
- Far infrared sauna therapy penetrates the skin up to two inches to allow increased blood flow and vasodilation.
- During the sub-acute stage, far infrared sauna therapy permits a new growth of connective tissue and capillaries that help repair the damaged structures.
- Scar tissue also continues to grow during this time but can be minimized by the use of far infrared saunas.
- Infrared Therapy helps promote rebuilding of injured tissue by having a positive effect on the fibroblasts (connective tissue cells necessary for the repair of injury).
- Furthermore, it increases growth of cells, DNA syntheses, and protein synthesis all necessary during tissue repair and regeneration.
Flexibility and Far Infrared Sauna Therapy
- Over time, and as we age, our bodies have a tendency to contract which can make even simple tasks seem difficult.
- A tight body may have to bend in strange contorted ways just to pick up an object.
- Poor posture caused from inflexibility can increase the chances for an injury to arise or even cause a fall from poor gait.
- Stiff muscles tend to weaken and such negatively effects our bones and joints, hence they fully rely on the support of our muscle tissue.
- So how do we get ourselves out of our bad posture, inflexible stands and movements?
- The infrared sauna can be an easy and effective way to improve flexibility and promote a healthy lifestyle.