SENTINEL TUNDRA DIY SERIES
13 YEAR WARRANTY
OUR TUNDRA SERIES READY-MADE SHADE SAILS ARE THE BEST RESIDENTIAL GRADE IN THE MARKET. MADE WITH OUR MEDIUM DUTY SHADETEC 320 FABRIC IN VARIOUS SIZES AND SHAPES, THESE DIY SHADES ARE BUILT TO PERFORM AND LAST. WITH A 90-95% UV BLOCK AND THE HIGHEST SHADE FACTOR AVAILABLE IN ITS CLASS, YOU CAN BE SURE TO PROTECT THOSE THAT MATTER TO YOU.
THE TUNDRA SERIES DIY SHADE SAILS ARE ALSO BACKED WITH THE BEST IN-CLASS WARRANTY IN THE INDUSTRY AT 13 YEARS. WHEN IT COMES TO PROTECTION FROM THE SUN, SENTINEL COMES SECOND TO NONE! THE TUNDRA SERIES ARE QUICKLY BECOMING THE #1 CHOICE IN NORTH AMERICA!
**For TRIANGLES, we recommend using 3 x 'D' Shackles and 2 x Turnbuckles**
1. These measurements are taken from the D ring at each corner, they do not include tensioners or fixings. These measurements are the size of the shade sail before it is stretched out or tensioned. For best results we recommend that a turnbuckle tensioner is used at every corner of the shade sail.
2. No hardware is included
How to Find the Best Placement for your Shade Sail
Follow these guidelines to ensure you select the ideal location for your shade solution:
1. Assess Your Needs:
- Determine the purpose of installing shade sails or retractable canopies. Is it to provide shade over a specific area, such as a patio, deck, or playground, or do you need broader coverage for a larger space?
- Consider the time of day when shade is most desired and the direction of the sun's rays during that time.
2. Analyze the Space:
- Evaluate the available space where you plan to install the shade sails or retractable canopies. Consider factors such as the dimensions, shape, and layout of the area.
- Identify any existing structures, trees, or obstacles that may impact the installation or the coverage provided by the shade solution.
3. Observe the Sun's Path:
- Spend some time observing the movement of the sun throughout the day in the area where you plan to install the shade solution.
- Note the path of the sun and the areas that receive the most intense sunlight and heat.
- Identify the areas that need shade during the desired time of day.
4. Consider Orientation:
- Determine the best orientation for your shade sails or retractable canopies based on the sun's path and the areas that require shade.
- Ideally, position the shade solution to provide maximum coverage during the desired time of day while considering any obstructions or structural limitations.
5. Shade Sail Shape and Design:
- Select the appropriate shape and design of shade sails or retractable canopies based on the area's layout and your aesthetic preferences.
- Consider the size and shape of the shade sail, as well as the number of anchor points required for installation.
- Ensure the shade solution will cover the intended area effectively.
6. Take into Account Wind Direction:
- Assess the prevailing wind direction in the location where you plan to install the shade sails or retractable canopies.
- Position the shade solution to provide optimal protection from both sun and wind, creating a comfortable and enjoyable space.
7. Seek Professional Advice (if necessary):
- If you're unsure about the best location or have complex requirements, consult with a shade specialist or professional installer.
- They can provide expert guidance based on your specific needs, the area's conditions, and local regulations.
8. Installation Considerations:
- Keep in mind any necessary permits, building codes, or HOA restrictions that may affect the installation of shade sails or retractable canopies in your area.
- Follow the manufacturer's installation instructions and consult with professionals when needed to ensure a safe and secure installation.
Remember, finding the best area for your shade sails or retractable canopies is crucial to maximize their effectiveness and enjoyment. Careful consideration of your needs, space analysis, sun's path, orientation, and professional advice (if required) will help you create a comfortable and shaded outdoor oasis.
Shade Sail Post Installation
Welcome to the instruction page for Sentinel Shade Systems on installing shade sail posts. Follow these step-by-step guidelines to ensure a successful installation:
Note: Before you begin, check with local authorities or consult a professional to determine any necessary permits, regulations, or underground utility locations for the installation of shade sail posts.
1. Determine Post Placement:
- Assess your outdoor area and identify the best locations for installing shade sail posts.
- Consider the size and shape of the shade sail, as well as any existing structures or obstacles that may affect the placement of the posts.
- Ensure the posts will be positioned at adequate distances to provide proper support and tension for the shade sail.
2. Choose Post Materials and Size:
- Select suitable materials for your shade sail posts. Common options include wood, metal, or composite materials.
- Consider the desired aesthetic, durability, and maintenance requirements when choosing the materials.
- Determine the appropriate post size based on the height and span of your shade sail. Larger shade sails generally require thicker and sturdier posts.
3. Dig Post Holes:
- Use a post hole digger or auger to dig holes at each identified post location.
- The depth of the post holes is crucial for the stability and support of the shade sail.
- As a general guideline, the depth of the post holes should be approximately 1/3 of the overall length of the posts.
- For example, if you have 9-foot posts, the holes should be at least 3 feet deep.
- The diameter of the post holes should be approximately three times the diameter of the posts to allow for proper backfilling and compaction.
4. Install Post Anchors:
- Place post anchors or footing at the bottom of each post hole.
- Fill the hole with concrete or an appropriate anchoring material to secure the post anchors.
- Ensure the post anchors are level and properly aligned.
5. Set Posts in Place:
- Insert the posts into the post anchors or footings, making sure they fit securely.
- Use a level to ensure the posts are plumb (vertical) and straight.
- Temporarily brace the posts with stakes or supports to hold them in position while the concrete or anchoring material sets.
6. Secure and Reinforce Posts:
- Once the posts are set, reinforce their stability by adding additional concrete or anchoring material around the post anchors.
- Ensure the posts are securely embedded and braced until the concrete cures or the anchoring material sets.
- Verify that the posts are level and plumb during this process.
7. Allow for Curing Time:
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions or consult a professional to determine the recommended curing time for the concrete or anchoring material used.
- Avoid placing any tension or load on the posts until they have fully cured.
- Curing times may vary depending on the type of concrete or anchoring material used and the weather conditions. Typically, curing can take 24 to 48 hours or longer.
8. Attach Shade Sail Hardware:
- After the posts have cured, attach the necessary hardware to the posts for securing the shade sail.
- This may include eye bolts, D-rings, or other attachment points specifically designed for shade sails.
- Ensure the hardware is properly positioned and securely fastened to the posts.
9. Install Shade Sail:
- Once the hardware is in place, carefully install the shade sail according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Ensure the shade sail is evenly tensioned and securely attached to the posts.
- Adjust the tension as needed to achieve the desired appearance and functionality of the shade sail.
Installing Shade Sail Mounts to Walls and Posts
Welcome to the installation instructions for Sentinel Shade Systems' Shade Sails mounts on walls and posts. Follow these step-by-step guidelines to ensure a successful installation of your shade sails:
Note: Before you begin, make sure you have all the necessary tools and equipment for the installation, including a drill, level, measuring tape, ladder, and appropriate safety gear.
1. Determine the Mounting Locations:
- Select the mounting points on your wall or posts where you want to install the shade sails.
- Ensure the mounting points are structurally sound and capable of supporting the weight and tension of the shade sails.
- Measure and mark the positions of the mounting points accurately.
2. Gather the Required Hardware:
- Check that you have all the necessary hardware components included with your shade sails kit, such as brackets, screws, and fasteners.
- Verify that you have the correct type and size of hardware for the specific mounting surface (i.e., wall or post).
3. Mounting on Walls:
- Place a bracket against the wall at one of the marked mounting points.
- Ensure the bracket is level by using a spirit level. Adjust as necessary.
- Mark the hole locations on the wall through the bracket's pre-drilled holes.
- Drill pilot holes into the wall at the marked locations, using an appropriate drill bit size for your hardware.
- Attach the bracket to the wall using the provided screws and fasteners.
- Repeat the above steps for each wall mounting point.
4. Mounting on Posts:
- Place a bracket around the post at one of the marked mounting points.
- Ensure the bracket is level by using a spirit level. Adjust as necessary.
- Mark the hole locations on the post through the bracket's pre-drilled holes.
- Drill pilot holes into the post at the marked locations, using an appropriate drill bit size for your hardware.
- Attach the bracket to the post using the provided screws and fasteners.
- Repeat the above steps for each post mounting point.
5. Tensioning the Shade Sails:
- Once all the brackets are securely attached, proceed to install the shade sails onto the mounted brackets according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Ensure that the shade sails are evenly tensioned and that there are no wrinkles or sagging.
- Use the provided tensioning mechanisms (such as turnbuckles or pulleys) to adjust and maintain proper tension in the shade sails.
6. Final Checks:
- Double-check that all brackets are securely fastened and properly aligned.
- Verify that the shade sails are taut and properly tensioned.
- Inspect the entire installation for any signs of instability or loose hardware.
- Make any necessary adjustments or tightenings to ensure a safe and sturdy installation.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to the manufacturer's instructions or consult a professional installer.
Shade Sail Maintenance
Welcome to the instruction page for Sentinel Shade Systems on maintaining your shade sails. Follow these guidelines to ensure the longevity and optimal performance of your shade sails:
1. Regular Cleaning:
- Regularly clean your shade sails to remove dirt, debris, and other contaminants that may accumulate over time.
- Use a soft brush or sponge, mild soap, and water to gently scrub the surface of the shade sails.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water to remove any soap residue.
2. Address Stains and Mold:
- For stubborn stains or mold growth on the shade sails, use a solution of mild detergent or a specialized fabric cleaner.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper dilution and application of the cleaning solution.
- Test the cleaner on a small, inconspicuous area of the shade sail before applying it to the entire surface.
3. Avoid Harsh Chemicals and Abrasive Cleaning Tools:
- Do not use harsh chemicals, solvents, bleach, or abrasive cleaning tools (such as scrub brushes with stiff bristles) on your shade sails.
- These substances and tools can damage the fabric, compromise its integrity, and reduce its lifespan.
4. Inspect Hardware and Connections:
- Regularly inspect the hardware, connections, and tensioning mechanisms of your shade sails.
- Check for signs of rust, corrosion, or wear and tear.
- Ensure all fasteners, turnbuckles, and pulleys are properly tightened and functioning correctly.
- Replace any damaged or worn-out hardware promptly.
5. Monitor Tension and Sagging:
- Periodically check the tension of your shade sails to ensure they remain taut and properly stretched.
- If you notice any sagging or excessive movement, adjust the tensioning mechanisms accordingly.
- Be cautious not to overtighten the shade sails, as it may strain the fabric or compromise their structural integrity.
6. Trim Nearby Vegetation:
- Keep vegetation, such as tree branches or shrubs, trimmed and away from your shade sails.
- Overhanging branches or plants can deposit debris, leaves, and sap onto the shade sails, causing staining or damage.
7. Remove Snow and Debris:
- If you live in an area with snowfall, it is HIGHLY recommended that you remove the Sail(s) for the season or promptly remove accumulated snow from your shade sails to prevent excessive weight and stress on the fabric. THESE ARE NOT LOAD BEARING.
- Regularly remove leaves, twigs, and other debris from the surface of the shade sails to maintain their cleanliness and prevent potential damage.
8. Store During Harsh Weather Conditions:
- In severe weather conditions, such as heavy storms, strong winds, or extreme heat, consider removing and storing your shade sails temporarily.
- Storing the shade sails during harsh weather can help protect them from potential damage or premature wear.
9. Professional Inspection and Maintenance:
- Periodically seek professional inspection and maintenance for your shade sails.
- A shade specialist or professional installer can assess the condition of the shade sails, identify any issues, and provide expert advice on repairs or replacements if necessary.
By following these maintenance guidelines, you can prolong the lifespan and performance of your shade sails. Proper care and regular inspections will help ensure that you continue to enjoy the benefits of sun protection and comfort in your outdoor spaces.
For further assistance or inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach out to Sentinel Shade Systems or consult a shade specialist.
Shipping Policy for Sentinel Shade Systems
Last Updated: 5/24/2023
Thank you for choosing Sentinel Shade Systems. We strive to provide you with a seamless shopping experience and efficient delivery of our products. Please read our Shipping Policy carefully to understand our shipping processes and timeframes.
Order Processing: a. Order Confirmation: Once you place an order through our Shopify store, you will receive an order confirmation email with the details of your purchase. Please review this email to ensure accuracy. If you notice any discrepancies, please contact our customer support team immediately at [insert contact information]. b. Order Processing Time: We aim to process and fulfill orders within [insert processing timeframe, e.g., 2 business days] of receiving them. During peak seasons or promotional periods, order processing may take longer.
Shipping Time: a. Delivery Timeframe: Our estimated delivery timeframe is between 5 to 15 business days from the date of order processing. Please note that this timeframe is an estimate and may vary depending on factors beyond our control, such as shipping carrier delays or customs procedures. b. Tracking Information: Once your order is shipped, we will provide you with a tracking number and instructions to track the progress of your shipment. You can use this information to monitor the status of your delivery.
Shipping Methods and Carriers: a. Shipping Methods: We utilize various shipping methods to ensure efficient and secure delivery of our products. The specific shipping method for your order will depend on factors such as the destination, product type, and availability. b. Shipping Carriers: We work with reputable shipping carriers to deliver your orders safely and timely. The carrier used for your shipment will be determined based on the shipping method and destination.
Shipping Fees and Taxes: a. Shipping Fees: Shipping fees will be calculated and displayed during the checkout process. The cost of shipping may vary based on factors such as the shipping destination, product weight, and shipping method selected. b. Taxes and Duties: You are responsible for any applicable taxes, duties, or customs fees imposed by your country or region. These charges may be collected at the time of delivery and are separate from the shipping fees paid during checkout.
Shipping Restrictions: a. International Shipping: We currently offer shipping to select countries. Please refer to our shipping options during checkout to determine if your country is eligible for delivery. b. Restricted Items: Certain products may be subject to shipping restrictions or regulations imposed by local authorities or international shipping regulations. If a product cannot be shipped to your location, we will notify you promptly and provide a refund for the affected items.
Order Tracking and Support: a. Tracking Updates: You can track the progress of your shipment using the tracking number provided. If you have any concerns or questions regarding the status of your delivery, please contact our customer support team at [insert contact information]. b. Delivery Issues: In the event of any delivery issues, such as a lost package or damage during transit, please notify us immediately. We will work with the shipping carrier to resolve the issue and ensure your satisfaction.
Refund Policy for Sentinel Shade Systems
Returns and Exchanges: a. Eligibility: To be eligible for a refund, you must request a return or exchange within [insert number of days, e.g., 30 days] from the date of purchase. The product must be unused, in its original condition, and in the original packaging. b. Proof of Purchase: A valid proof of purchase, such as an order number or receipt, is required for all return and exchange requests. c. Non-Returnable Items: The following items are non-returnable and non-refundable:
- Gift cards
- Customized or personalized products
- Clearance or sale items (if explicitly stated at the time of purchase)
Return Process: a. Return Authorization: To initiate a return or exchange, please contact our customer support team at [insert contact information]. We will provide you with instructions and a return authorization if your request is eligible. b. Shipping Costs: The cost of return shipping is your responsibility unless the return is due to an error on our part or a defective product. We recommend using a trackable shipping service and obtaining a shipping receipt as proof of shipment. c. Inspection and Refund: Once we receive your returned product, we will inspect it to ensure it meets the eligibility criteria. If approved, we will process your refund within [insert timeframe, e.g., 5 business days] using the original payment method. Please note that the refund may not appear immediately in your account and processing times may vary depending on your financial institution.
Refund Options: a. Refund to Original Payment Method: If your refund is approved, it will be issued to the original payment method used for the purchase. b. Store Credit: Alternatively, you may request a store credit instead of a refund. The store credit will be issued in the form of a unique code that can be applied towards future purchases on our Shopify store.
Damaged or Defective Products: a. Inspection upon Receipt: We take great care in packaging and shipping our products. However, if you receive a damaged or defective product, please contact our customer support team immediately with details and supporting photographs. b. Resolution: We will assess the situation and, if applicable, provide a replacement product at no additional cost or offer a refund, including any shipping charges incurred.
Cancellation of Orders: a. Order Cancellation: If you wish to cancel an order, please contact our customer support team as soon as possible. We will make every effort to accommodate your request, but once an order is shipped, it cannot be canceled. If canceled before shipment, a refund will be issued according to our refund policy.
Please note that our Refund Policy is subject to change without notice. The most recent version of the policy will be posted on our store.
By making a purchase from Sentinel Shade Systems, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to our Refund Policy.