- 3-in-1 Combination Steam and Convection Wall Oven
- Cooks with Superheated Steam at Browning Temperatures, Gentle and Regular Steam, Radiant Heat & Convection
- New Steam Bake and Water Bath Settings
- Built-In Ready 24" Oven Can Be Installed in a Wall, Under-the-Counter or Kitchen Island with No Additional Trim Kit Needed
- Brilliant LCD Display with Touch Navigation
- No Wet-Wall Installation or Water Line Required
- Standard 120V Power
The Water Bath feature is a virtual Bain-Marie for slow-baking custards, cheesecakes, and puddings.
The bright, Stage Lighting makes it easy to snap a photo with your phone and share your creations!
Perfection at Your Fingertips
- The Sharp SuperSteam+™ Built-in Oven is a hybrid convection oven that uses heat and water to cook.
- It has 5 high-performance cooking modes including Steam, Steam Bake, Convection Bake, Super Steam Grill, and Super Steam Roast.
- The combination of superheated steam and conventional, radiant heat in cooking modes means that your food will be crispy and browned on the outside, moist and delicious on the inside.
How Cooking with Superheated Steam Works
- The Sharp SuperSteam+™ Built-in Oven uses a Hybrid Convection System that circulates the hot air, steam, and super steam through a damper duct system.
- Heat is delivered through the upper and back of the oven, as well as the top of the oven.
- Unlike conventional radiant ovens, convection ovens have a fan that continuously circulates air through the oven cavity.
- When hot air is blown onto food, as opposed to merely surrounding it, the food tends to cook more quickly.
Sharp SuperSteam+ Smart Superheated Steam and Convection Built-In Wall Oven
Steam Cook Mode
- Steam Cook mode allows you to cook with regular, traditional steam, up-to 212°F. Perfect for delicate vegetables, seafood, and fish.
- This cooking mode is ideal when you are testing your tastebuds with dishes that include broccoli, salmon, cod, and chicken.
Steam Keep Warm Mode
- Steam Keep Warm mode is your go-to mode for family dishes such as casseroles, vegetables, and quiches you want to keep warm and delicious.
Steam Refresh Mode
- Don't call them "leftovers." Steam Refresh mode revitalizes pasta, vegetables, bread, and meats.
- The Steam Refresh setting keeps food so moist and flavorful, you can call them "second helpings".
Steam Bake Bread Mode
- Steam Bake mode makes it possible to create bakery-quality loaves of bread crunchy, golden crusts in your home by injecting steam into the oven during the preheat cycle to promote even rising.
- This cooking mode automatically switches to dry convection heat to produce cakes with the desired soft, light, and chewy centers and makes impulse baking your favorite sweets a breeze.
Steam Water Bath Mode
- Steam Bake and Water Bath settings make impulse-baking your favorite treats a breeze.
- Create creamy desserts such as cheesecake, pudding, and custard with the Water Bath feature, without handling hot pans of water.
Convection Bake Mode
- Convection Bake mode makes it possible to bake traditional and convenience food items such as cookies, cakes, biscuits, pizzas and chicken nuggets using dry heated air that circulates evenly throughout the oven.
SuperSteam+ Roast Mode
- SuperSteam Roast mode makes it possible to roast dishes such as whole chicken, beef and pork roasts to perfection.
- Your food will be brown and crispy on the outside, moist and delicious on the inside.
SuperSteam+ Grill Mode
- This cooking mode creates delicious grilled and sautéed items such as fish, vegetables, onions, and steak.
- Like the broil function in a traditional oven, food cooks for shorter lengths of time at high temperatures.
Sharp’s SSC2489DS SuperSteam+ Steam and Convection Wall Oven:
Our Smartest Superheated Steam Oven Yet
- The Sharp SuperSteam+ Superheated Steam and Convection Built-In Wall Oven is the start of a cooking revolution.
- While regular steam only reaches 212°F, the SuperSteam+ oven can create superheated steam up to 485°F.
- Steam this hot can roast meats and caramelize sugars so your food can be brown and crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside.
- With the smart SSC2489DS Sharp SuperSteam+ Oven, you can grill without smoke, roast without drying, and get the roasty-toasty, tasty results you desire.
- And don't forget, the SuperSteam+ Superheated Steam and Convection Built-In Wall Oven is also a powerful convection oven with even heating for superior baking. That's three ovens in one!
- Cleanup is a breeze with two preset cleaning modes.
- There is even a sterilize option for canning jars, lids and small utensils. The removable reservoir means no special plumbing or wet-wall installation is required.
- And with a standard, 120V power requirement, you can just plug it into a regular outlet, and you're ready to go.
- With its overall versatility and smart features, the Sharp SSC2489DS SuperSteam+ Superheated Steam and Convection Wall Oven is an ideal addition for your modern kitchen.
ADA Compliant Home Appliances
- ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant appliances from Sharp Home Appliances can help to make your home accessible to people with disabilities.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act establishes accessibility guidelines for many products.
- Sharp offers an array of appliances for the home that meet the requirements for ADA compliance.
- Wall oven controls are operable with one hand and require no more than five pounds of pressure.
ADA Compliant Wall Ovens
- To be considered ADA compliant, a Sharp wall oven must meet the following requirements:
- Maximum high forward reach for controls and operating mechanisms is 48"; maximum low forward reach is 15".
- Controls and operating mechanisms must be operable with one hand and shall not require tight grasping, pinching or twisting of the wrist. The force required to activate controls shall be no more than 5 lbs.
- Ovens shall have controls on front panels; they may be located on either side of the door.
Support & Services
Downloads and Support Files
- For questions, service, manuals and more, we have lots of ways to get answers. For more information and information on other products please visit our full customer support site.
- Some downloads are available as Adobe Acrobat PDF Files. Please visit https://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Some products qualify for, an Extended Warranty. Click to see if an extended warranty is available for your product.